Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 06, 2007




Count your blessings

I know this may sound cheesy, but we all should take a minute to count our blessings. I was on my way to work early this morning around 06:30 and it was very cold and raining really hard. I was in my warm car and I saw people on the way to their work on foot. Or waiting for a bus in the pouring rain and not even dressed right for this kind of weather.

I thought to myself I should really be thankful and grateful, for all the things I have in my life, but I still mange to complain. It's useful to put things in perspective from time to time, so that we can keep our feet on the ground and our heads out of the clouds.

When was the last time you donated clothes you no longer need ( because they are not IN any more), when was the last time you took out a part of your pay or your allowance and gave it to someone who needed it more than you did? When was the last time you took a look at other people in the street.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder Tamara


P.S it's desert rose...decided to follow the trend and have my own blog :)

Tamara said...

Ahlan desert rose : ) mabrook ya rab el blog bniji enbareklek inshala 2ariban : )

Mrs. Al Ramahi said...

Al 7amdulillah for everything.. nice post :)

Anonymous said...

SO, So true. And funny how complaining can make us even more ungrateful for our wealth? Truly, it is more blessed to give than to receive.

Tamara said...

Mrs alramahi

Glad you like the post : )

Kinzi

I agree people should try giving more it will help them be happier, and more appreciative of the blessings they have in their life.

I complain for having an old Mitsubishi, and that I cannot afford the mini cooper I really love, but I was struck today by people walking in the rain

Anonymous said...

always i try to look to what i have whatever it's so simple but people don't have..we don't have big house we have flat but i remind myself this flat is our own not renting while people suffer to find such..this simple example Tamara..
Be fine friend.

Tamara said...

red rose

you are s sweet : )

Many people don't have roofs over their heads, and not enough food or clothing... we take some things for granted and as not much, when others dream is to have what we see as saw little. may Allah bless you.

Anonymous said...

it's good to think about other's need ,

o da2emn al 7amdolelah

Unknown said...

I believe that no matter how bad I feel, there are many ppl out there feeling worse,,,so I consider myself lucky, and always count my blessings:) 7amdolillah 3ala kol shi...thanks tamara!

Anonymous said...

القناعة كنز لا يفنى = اللي بشوف مصيبة الناس بتهون عليه مصايبة :-)

Tamara said...

Qabbani

Yes always al7amd lilah

Nido

Welcome to my corner : )
It makes one instantly feel better just thinking of the blessings we have in our lives ...al7amd lilah

Abu Shakouush

Very true : ) but some tomes we get so absorbed in our reality that we don't see what is out there.

The Mo said...

Very true...
We should always count our blessings and thank ALLAH for it...

ولأن شكرتم لاأزيدنكم

Me said...

AL 7amdulillah!!

Tamara said...

The mo

Ahlan, yes so true : )

Summer

welcome dear : ) glad you liked it