Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2008

When you achieve all your dreams

I had no fear of that happening to me since I have a lot of big dreams. Thus I never even thought of the concept. Well that is till this weekend when I was talking to mom and I said if I had X amount of money, I can achieve a lot of my dreams( financial ones) and then concentrate on the other great things I would like to do.

Mom said " achieving all your dreams early is not a good thing" she then told me this story –part of a novel- of a Moroccan merchant who was not married and was very well off, one day a man asks him why don't you go to hajj, the merchant said " hajj is my long life dream, if I achieve it I will not have any thing to live for".

I may differ that since we humans always strive for more, one day's peek is the next day's bottom. But still come think of it the fun part of achieving the dream is not sitting at the top but striving up hill. For granted achieving a goal feels great but achieving all of them and not having anything to look forward to is a scary concept.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

no dreams should be postponed till later, cause with every achieved dream, a new goal is being created. and a new dream is born.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Dima, There's no time where people can't come up with new dreams.. Even the people in their 90's or beyond, have dreams ..

Soo dream on girl .. :)

PŕōuđPāŀĩ said...

mankind's main component is greed, there will always be something we will want tomorrow more than the thing we want today.. so go ahead, seize the day! tomorrow will bring new hopes and dreams :)

Tamara said...

Dima

I totally agree but I just imagined how will my life be if I archived all my dreams : ) I thought it will be great and discovered that it might be scary.

Qwaider

I agree, it was just a thought

Dima

: ) we are greedy that is so true, i guess this is a good thing ; p

Sam said...

i dont think u can acheive your dreams..we are always striving for more...this is why you never see a millionair sitting by the pool all day long drink pina colada and not working...

Tamara said...

Sam

Very true, though a few hundreds of thousands and I'll be on a sunny beach : )

Mala2e6 said...

sometimes we need to wake up to make dreams come true.dreams never ever stop.even when u r 100 u will have something to dream.(maybe being able to make it to the bathroom in time but still its a dream :D.

Tamara said...

Lol mala2e6 : ) you are right

Anonymous said...

it is scary ~ but worth it... cuZ it involves a lot of challanging of self limitations ~ dreams might not be that straightforward to achieve... they are journeys.

برايز said...

i think that having dreams comes from man's nature ....we were created to have dreams ....
good post
:)

Tamara said...

Ruba

First of all welcome to my corner : ) I like how you put it dreams are journeys, I agree!

برايز

Welcome to my corner : ) this is so true we cannot ever stop having dreams